Sophie Miller is an independent ecologist with 8 years survey and consulting experience. She has full membership of IEEM (Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management) and is an active recorder for the BSBI (Botanical Society of the British Isles, BBS (British Bryophyte Society and the Mammal Society.
- Site Condition Monitoring of SSSI's for SNH on Arran, Orkney, Nevis and West Affric.
- Botanical surveys for Farm Environmental Management Plans in Kent and Sussex
- Detailed NVC Botanical survey for Kent County Show ground.
- Undertaking ecological Surveys for Code for Sustainable Homes
- Condition assessment of hill sites in Northern Ireland for blanket bog habitat and species-richness.
- LIFE Berwyn and Migneint SAC Restoration Project. Monitoring survey of blanket bog and wet heath habitat.
- Grazing survey and Assessment of Breadlebane Hills and Rum, Scotland.
- Ecological Assessments of developement Sites in the South-East - Hampshire, Sussex and Surrey.
- Reptile surveys
- Assessment of wildlife sites in East Sussex
- Hedgerow Surveys in West Sussex
- Complete Land Management, Kent.
- Lawrence, Foot and Partners, Sussex.
- Allen & Mellon Associates, Belfast.
- ECUS Ltd, Sheffield.
- Quadrat Scotland.
- Sussex Wildlife Trust.
- Lizard Landscape Design, Worthing.
- Weald District Council
- East Sussex County Council
- MH Architects Chichester
Sophie is a vegetation surveyor by training but has built up interests and skills in surveying for amphibians, reptiles, water vole and badger. Her continued professional development has including courses covering dormouse and development and attended conferences on amphibians and also water vole. Her aim in 2011 is to continue to improve her mammal surveying skills as well as to develop the vegetation monitoring techniques useful within development schemes and for conservation purposes.